Thursday, July 23, 2009

HitFix Interview With Screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg

HitFix has another interview in their series of New Moon articles. They interviewed Melissa Rosenberg, the screenwriter of the Twilight saga movies, on the set of New Moon in May. Here's an excerpt:

Q: Does writing the sequels present a whole different set of challenges than writing the ‘Twilight’ script?

Yeah, because in ‘Twilight’ you’re setting up the world. You’re introducing the world and you’re introducing characters and I was also writing in a vacuum because I didn’t know who the actors were going to be. Now, you’re going to ‘New Moon’ and ‘Eclipse,’ I could write [the characters] in my mind so it becomes a more comfortable world, you know? So, ‘New Moon’ is not about setting up the world, but it’s about it’s own set of challenges because ‘New Moon’ is very internal. I mean all of those…there’s a lot of talk about how Edward and the Cullen’s are not a part of whole middle of ‘New Moon’ but actually they really are. Certainly Bella’s very much alive in…I’m sorry Edward’s very much alive in Bella’s mind throughout ‘New Moon.’ As a reader you feel his presence. You feel that helping drive that story. Harder to do in film, you know? You have to somehow find his presence and bring it there without having thought bubbles constantly. And I think the solution is going to satisfy fans. It’s going to be very much in keeping with the book and the tone of the book. So I think it would be interesting to see how I think fans will be feel pretty satisfied with what we’re doing. One, because it’s true to the book and two because we see more Edward. So that can’t be bad.

1 comment:

  1. You have a great blog
    Star in your own personalized vampire romance novel! YOU select the heroine and hero and best friend. Full-length novels starring YOU!
    Sara


    Personalized Vampire Romance Novels from Book By You!

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer

We are not affiliated with Stephenie Meyer or Summit Entertainment. All publicly recognizable copy, images, video, etc. are the property of their respective owners. No copyright infringement is intended. If I have failed to credit anyone, please let me know and I'll be happy to fix it;) Thanks for visiting MMV!