Monday, June 1, 2009

What Do You Think of the Trialer?

We wanna know; what did you think of the trailer? I just got off msn with Alison, and I think I can say for sure that we both loved it. I especially liked the kiss scene and the birthday scene. MTV has an analysis of the whole thing at their site, here's an excerpt:

Forget about birthdays, graduations and all that overrated holiday stuff; in the eyes of Twilighters worldwide, today is one of the most important days of the year. Naturally, MTV is celebrating this momentous movie moment with one of our patented shot-by-shot breakdowns.

Shot 1: A nice aerial view of the coast, over La Push beach. Pretty enough to rival any of Catherine Hardwicke's beautiful outdoor shots from the first film.

Shot 2: Bella's iconic truck pulls up in front of Charlie's house.

Shot 3: Bella looks into Edward's eyes: "It's my birthday. Can I ask you something?"

And it goes on and on like that. Read the rest HERE. Then, at the MTV blog, there's a post more about what they actually thought of it (or what the guy who wrote the post thought of it anyway):
My first thoughts are that the trailer is exactly what I wanted to see. Better hair, better tension, some stuff for the girls and some stuff for the guys too. What we saw looks quite faithful to Stephenie’s “New Moon” novel, and a good link to Catherine Hardwicke’s film – but it seems like Chris Weitz isn’t afraid to stray when necessary, as you can see in a lot of the stuff with Taylor Lautner.
Couldn't agree more.
My complaints? Well, there’s only one for me (hey, I’ve gotta find something!). As cool as it is to finally see Jacob transform, and as nice a job as they did shredding all his clothes, I’m not yet sold on the look of that wolf. Maybe it’s just me, but I’m seeing some “Golden Compass” in that CGI – and that’s not necessarily a good thing. Then again, the movie has six months to fine-tune the visual effects – and we’ve seen films from “Iron Man” to “Transformers” improve trailer glimpses before the movie is released.
Yes, yes, I think this is all very true. Let's hope that Jakob the werewolf will get a little more realistic before the actual movie release. You can read the rest at the MTV blog.

Thanks to NMM for the screen caps to the left.

BM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

We are not affiliated with Stephenie Meyer or Summit Entertainment. All publicly recognizable copy, images, video, etc. are the property of their respective owners. No copyright infringement is intended. If I have failed to credit anyone, please let me know and I'll be happy to fix it;) Thanks for visiting MMV!