Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Interview: Michael Sheen Talks New Moon

EmpireOnline has a short interview with Michael Sheen, where he talks New Moon, playing Aro and feeling "old and ugly" amongst the "young, beautiful people" on set.

In The Twilight Saga: New Moon, due out later this year, Michael Sheen takes the role of Aro, head vampire of an ancient coven that rules the vampire world. We talked to him recently, and asked for the lowdown on a bloodsucking role that's a far cry from his recent run of real-life figures.

"I'm all done on it; I had a great time," he told us. "It was nice to go in and not be playing the main part, just go in for a few days and play this really really extraordinary character.[...]

"It was quite intimidating being on the set with so many young, beautiful people. That was quite extraordinary being the old, ugly one amongst loads of young, beautiful ones. It's not something I'm used to really. Not because I'm young and beautiful but usually there's loads of old, ugly people around me. It was quite encouraging to see how Robert and Kristin are committed to it, how much they put into it and how serious they are about it. They don't take it lightly at all so that was great to see."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

We are not affiliated with Stephenie Meyer or Summit Entertainment. All publicly recognizable copy, images, video, etc. are the property of their respective owners. No copyright infringement is intended. If I have failed to credit anyone, please let me know and I'll be happy to fix it;) Thanks for visiting MMV!